1. Glass, DJ. Skeletal muscle hypertrophy and atrophy signaling pathways. Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 37: 1974-1984, 2005.
2. Kraemer, WJ, and Ratamess, NA. Fundamentals of resistance training: progression and exercise prescription. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 36: 674-688, 2004.
3. Schoenfeld, B. J. (2010). The mechanisms of muscle hypertrophy and their application to resistance training. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 24(10), 2857-2872
4. Schoenfeld, B.J. 2010. The mechanisms of muscle hypertrophy and their application to resistance training. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 24 (10), 2857–72.
5. Henselmans M, Schoenfeld BJ. The Effect of Inter-Set Rest Intervals on Resistance Exercise-Induced Muscle Hypertrophy. Sports Med. 2014 Jul 22.
6. Schoenfeld, B. J., Pope, Z. K., Benik, F. M., Hester, G. M., Sellers, J., Nooner, J. L., … & Just, B. L. (2015). Longer inter-set rest periods enhance muscle strength and hypertrophy in resistance-trained men. Journal of strength and conditioning research/National Strength & Conditioning Association
7. Willardson, J. M. (2006). A brief review: factors affecting the length of the rest interval between resistance exercise sets. The Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research, 20(4), 978-984.
8. Hunter, S. K. (2014). Sex differences in human fatigability: mechanisms and insight to physiological responses. Acta physiologica, 210(4)
9. Henselmans M, Schoenfeld BJ. The Effect of Inter-Set Rest Intervals on Resistance Exercise-Induced Muscle Hypertrophy. Sports Med. 2014.
10. Mann JB, Thyfault JP, Ivey PA, Sayers SP. The effect of autoregulatory progressive resistance exercise vs. linear periodization on strength improvement in college athletes. J Strength Cond Res. 2010;24(7):1718–1723.
11. Brad Schoenfeld, “Postexercise Hypertrophic Adaptations: A Reexamination of the Hormone Hypothesis and Its Applicability to Resistance Training Program Design,” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 27(6), 2013
12. Mitchell CJ, Churchward-Venne TA, Bellamy L, Parise G, Baker SK, Phillips SM. Muscular and Systemic Correlates of Resistance Training-Induced Muscle Hypertrophy. PLoS ONE. 2013;8(10):e78636.
13. West DWD, Phillips SM. Associations of exercise-induced hormone profiles and gains in strength and hypertrophy in a large cohort after weight training. 2012 Jul;112(7):2693–702.
14. Schoenfeld, B.J., Pope, Z.K., Benik, F.M., Hester, G.M., Sellers, J., Nooner, J.L,, Schnaiter, J.A., Bond-Williams, K.E., Carter, A.S., Ross, C.L., Just, B.L., Henselmans, M., & Krieger, J.W. (2015). Longer inter-set rest periods enhance muscle strength and hypertrophy in resistance-trained men.